Sunday, December 14, 2014

Five Months

We have reached month #5!!!!! Caroline continues to grow and change daily. She is getting so big and learning lots of new things. She loves to talk/babble and laugh out loud. Bath time with daddy is still her favorite daily activity but jumping in her jumparoo while watching Barney is a close 2nd.. We had our 4 month checkup and shots last week (a little late because Friday appt's are better for us and those are hard to come by, so technically it was a 5 month checkup) I was ready for this appointment, not for the shots, but to see Caroline'a growth in height/weight. I have had several people comment that Caroline is "petite" or "small" Even strangers will ask how old she is and when I say 5 months they will say "oh, we thought she was about 2 months." Being the first time mom that I am, I began to worry. I did all kinds of research trying to decide if these people were right or crazy. Of course, on the internet, you get so many opinions that I didn't know what to believe. Finally, it was appointment day and I had a list of questions for Dr. Jon. I told Dr. Jon of all my concerns, he looked at me and smiled really big. Then went on to tell me to not worry and to quit listening to other people. Yes, Caroline may be in the 10th percentile in height and 20th percentile in weight but that was completely normal! She is happy, healthy, and continues to grow. Definitely made this mama feel better. Only 3 shots at this appointment and she did great, just like last time.  Caroline has learned how to scoot and can go backwards but has not accomplished going forward. Definitely need some more practice. She also started sitting up by herself this month. I am loving all of these milestones but  I miss my itty-bitty baby.

Weight- 13lbs 11oz
Height 23 1/2 in
Clothes- 0-3, 3months are perfect. Some 3-6 months
Favorite Toys-  Hands/Feet, Baby Doll, Glow Seahorse





No comments:

Post a Comment